HAL PERRY BIO
Hal assumed the interim leadership of the Liberal Party of Prince Edward Island in April of 2023.
Hal Perry was first elected in 2011. He serves as Deputy Speaker and as the Third-Party critic on rural health care, economic development, fisheries, and communities.
Hal has been an outspoken advocate for the needs of West Prince residents, especially when it comes to rural health care. He has continuously brought forward concerns about the regularly repeated closure of the Western Hospital’s Collaborative Emergency Centre and the lack of doctors.
He has been a successful advocate for:
- Employment Insurance (EI) for post-secondary students;
- The fisheries sector, a key contributor to the rural economy;
- Supports and future LTC beds at the Tignish Seniors Home.
Perry played a key role in:
- Revising the CDEP (Community Development Economic Program);
- Securing and doubling operational funding for theTignish Medical Centre;
- Obtaining free water testing for all Islanders;
- Revising the Home Renovation, Safe at Home,
- Seniors Home Repair and Independence programs.
- Perry continues to be an active community volunteer and strongly believes that volunteering and local events make communities what they are.
Hal is a trustworthy, dependable, honest and hard-working representative for Tignish-Palmer Road.
Feel free to reach out anytime!