The Public Schools Branch invites Islanders to comment on the draft recommendations of the school review that are now available online.
The review is intended to achieve a more balanced distribution of students and teachers in Island schools and more equal access to high-quality learning opportunities.
Online feedback can be provided at School Review – Better Learning For All. In addition, public meetings will be held as follows:
• Charlottetown Rural and Colonel Gray families of schools – February 1, 7 p.m., Colonel Gray High School gym;
• Kinkora family of schools – February 2, 7 p.m., Kinkora Regional High School gym;
• Montague family of schools – February 7, 7 p.m., Montague Regional High School cafeteria;
• Morell family of schools – February 8, 7 p.m., Morell Regional High School gym; and
• Westisle family of schools – February 9, 7 p.m., Westisle Composite High School gym.
Individuals can make a presentation at a public meeting by booking a time in advance through Bob Andrews at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or 902-368-5868. Each presentation should be kept to 10 minutes or less to accommodate as many as possible.
The school review began September 27, 2016 when the Public Schools Branch Board of Directors announced an in-depth study of six families of schools: Westisle, Kinkora, Charlottetown Rural, Colonel Gray, Morell and Montague families of schools.
More information, visit School Review – Better Learning For All