On February 6th, 2019, the Government of PEI expanded the eligibility criteria to the Home Together – Renovation Support” program, which will allow even more Island homeowners access to the program.
The PEI Home Renovation Program allows Islanders to access grant funding up to $6000.00 for major home renovations such as electrical, structural, and plumbing, among others, while Islanders living with disabilities can access up to $8000.00 for renovations that accommodate their disability.
“Renovation supports for Islanders with modest income encourages improvements to make existing housing more comfortable”, said Family and Human Services Minister Tina Mundy. “This program has been well received by Islanders and government decided to cast the net a little wider by expanding the criteria so even more people can benefit”.
New changes to the program include:
- Increasing the maximum qualifying income to $50,000.00 up from $35,000.00;
- Increasing eligible assessed property value to $200,000.00 up from $145,000.00;
- Program will be open year round;
- Applicants can apply and receive funding every 15 years (changed from once per lifetime);
- New maximum grant scale, based on income, ensures those in the greatest need receive proportional funding
If you wish to apply, please visit www.princedwardisland.ca/homerenoprograms .